When we try to find the perfect breakfast, we often have to sacrifice flavor for quality. But not this time with the Spinach Banana Muffins Recipe. They are the best option for a quick and easy breakfast to make. Gluten free, dairy free and without processed sugar so you can have the best flavor without forgetting health.
Why the Spinach Banana Muffins Recipe is the best option?
What you can create in the kitchen if you have a little imagination will surprise you. Have you ever thought about reserving some of your veggies to make some delicious muffins? On this occasion, mixing two very different ingredients will result in a very delicious, addictive and healthy recipe.
Perfect even for the little ones thanks to its striking green color. Spinach banana muffins are suitable for vegetarian people, sensitive to gluten and allergic to lactose. It is the best way to start the day full of energy and good taste.
Tips to make the best spinach and banana muffins
- We recommend using a high-powered blender. This way you make sure to remove any lumps, and everything is perfectly integrated.
- Dry the blender very well before blending the oats. What we want is to create a very fine oat flour.
- Remove the dark or very ripe parts of the banana, and cut the dried or black stems of the spinach. The fresher the ingredients, the better the recipe will be.
- Make sure the baking powder is fresh; otherwise, the muffins won’t grow in the oven.
- You can buy packaged spinach or pick it even fresher at your favorite vegetable store.
Ingredients to make Spinach Banana Muffins Recipe
2 cups Oats Flakes
1/4 cup Ground Flaxseed
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
1/2 cup Almond Milk
2 cups Chopped Spinach Leaves
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
2 large Peleed and chopped Bananas
1 tsp Vanilla
Ingredients with which you can substitute to make the Spinach Banana Muffins Recipe
The best thing about these spinach and banana muffins is that they are extremely variable. If you don’t have all the necessary ingredients at home, or you prefer to experiment with others, you can do it without any problem. The texture does not change, they grow very tall, and the color remains just as striking. You can substitute some ingredients for the next ones:
- Ground Flaxseed: Flaxseed can be substituted for equal parts of almond flour and oatmeal. Make sure to sieve very well before integrating.
- Coconut sugar: You can use any granulated sugar you want. In case you prefer to use a sweetener, we recommend using one that is very similar to granulated sugar.
- Almond milk: If you wish, you can use normal milk with lactose. Although to keep the banana spinach muffins as healthy as possible, you can substitute with soymilk, rice milk, or coconut milk.
- Eggs: To make it a recipe suitable for vegans, substitute the eggs for 2 tablespoons of ground chia and 10 tablespoons of water.
How to make Spinach Banana Muffins Recipe?
Step1: Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease a muffin tin of the size of your preference.
Step2: Add 2 cups of oats flakes to the blender and blend until you get a fine flour without very harsh lumps. Reserve in a separate bowl.
Step3: Add the rest of the dry ingredients to the bowl with the oat flour: the baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, flaxseed and sugar. Mix and reserve.
Step4: Pour the almond milk little by little into the blender, and then 2 cups of spinach. Blend until you get a liquid and homogeneous mixture.
Step5: While beating, add the banana pieces one by one. Once all are blended, add the coconut oil and mix until obtaining a smooth and homogeneous texture.
Step6: Continue blending and add the vanilla and eggs. Pour the liquids into the bowl with the flour and mix until everything is integrated.
Step7: Take the mixture to the muffin tin, and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and fluffy. You can make sure by inserting a toothpick and if it comes out completely dry, they are ready. Hope you like the flavor, enjoy!
Spinach Banana Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups Oats Flakes
- 1/4 cups Ground Flaxseed
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 2 cups Chopped Spinach Leaves
- 1/4 cups Coconut Oil
- 2 large Peleed and Chopped Bananas PELEED AND CHOPPED
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease a muffintin of the size of your preference.
- Add 2 cups of oats flakes to the blender andblend until you get a fine flour without very harsh lumps. Reserve in aseparate bowl.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients to the bowlwith the oat flour: the baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, flaxseedand sugar. Mix and reserve.
- Pour the almond milk little by little into theblender, and then 2 cups of spinach. Blend until you get a liquid andhomogeneous mixture.
- While beating, add the banana pieces one by one.Once all are blended, add the coconut oil and mix until obtaining a smooth andhomogeneous texture.
- Continue blending and add the vanilla and eggs.Pour the liquids into the bowl with the flour and mix until everything isintegrated.
- Take the mixture to the muffin tin, and bake for25 minutes or until golden brown and fluffy. You can make sure by inserting atoothpick and if it comes out completely dry, they are ready. Hope you like theflavor, enjoy!