In confectionery, all the ingredients and utensils you use will be of the utmost importance. So if you’ve ever wondered what a baking dish is? Here we bring you all the answers. This will help you control your recipes better than before and bake them perfectly without fail. Stay with us so you can perfect your pastry today with our tips!
What is a baking dish, and what can you use it for?
Do you know what is a baking dish used for? A baking dish is an ideal tool in pastry. A baking dish is a special dish for baking all kinds of foods at high temperatures. The first thing you should buy is one of these, and create your entire collection with the sizes and shapes that exist.
The most conventional shape is rectangular, but you can also find round or oval shapes. They can be made of glass or porcelain and are resistant to the oven’s high temperatures. Most already come with a nonstick coating that protects your recipes and can be used whenever and however you want. Now you know what is a baking dish used for.
Shapes and sizes
Now, so that you can get the most out of your recipes, we leave you a list of the measurements of all the baking dishes that you can find:
- 1-quart: Equivalent to 4 cups of mixture, it measures 8 x 6 x 1/12 inches, and its most common shape is round.
- 2-quart: It is equal to 8 cups of mixture, it measures 11 x 7 x 1.5 inches, and its shape is oblong.
- 2 ½ quarts: Equals 10 cups, measures 9 x 9 inches, and is square.
- 3 quarts: Equivalent to 12 cups of any mix, measures 13 x 9 x 2 inches and is oblong.
- 4 quarts: Equivalent to 16 cups of any mix, measures 14 x 10 x 2 inches and is oblong.
- 5 quarts: Equivalent to 20 cups, measures 11 x 15 inches, and is oblong.